Monday, June 29, 2009

Pioneer Park

Another great feature of the playmill mansion (that is actually great) is that it is kitty corner from the town park. I think that this park might be one of the best parks in the entire nation (and anyone else who has visited it will probably agree with me), it has got the most legit teeter-totters, the sweetest duck/horse/dog/awkward spring adventure things, this awesome slide that is really just painful, and pretty much any playground delight possible. 
Because it is so great, we players find ourselves spending lots of quality time at the park. One of these quality times i found myself wondering about this strange piece of playground equipment... Right next to the bar on which all the girls spent entire recesses flipping around in the fourth grade, there are these two poles a couple of feet apart with semicircle handles attached to them. The handles face in so that if you are standing in between you can grab onto them... and that is pretty much it. Several of us contemplated the use of this seemingly useless object and then out of nowhere this little fat kid who just kind of appeared next to us says "You just run and do a back flip" Huh?!? "Thats what those bars are for, you just run and do a backflip". I think to myself (okay i might have said it out loud) "Sure... you just run and do a back flip, of course" And then as a joke back up a couple feet and run toward it, grab on and pretend like i'm going to do a backflip... except, i totally just do a backflip. Easy Then everyone else wanted to try and we figured out that indeed, these bars are for running and doing a backflip. Its great, if you ever come to West Yellowstone you must come to the park and try out the RADABF Bars! Thank you little fat kid. 

2 comments:

  1. immediately my mind drifts back to 7th grade p.e. i am dressed in my claire e. gale red and white t shirt and my polyester red short short mini short shorts. we had done archery, bowling and the time had come for the dreaded gymnastics. i could do my forward roll and a cartwheel, but that was it. even the backward roll kinked my neck. i demanded a spotter for my handspring and thought my nerves would do me in before i had the chance to perform for mrs. baker. no, i do not think i will RADABF, in fact i am pretty positive those strange looking bars are used for balance when you stretch out your claves or maybe it is a place for passerbys to leash their dogs while they come in to the mansion (the picnic basket) for a bowl of soup and a grilled chees cooked on the george foreman grill. love ya. can hardly wait to see you perform

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maddie,

    I love your guts!! Thanks for being such an amazing roomie. you're the bestest!!!
    Han

    ReplyDelete